Owning a BMW is an exciting experience. It is a symbol of luxury and sophistication, and it comes with a high price tag. Therefore, it is important to take good care of your BMW to maintain its value and ensure it operates at its best. One of the essential maintenance tasks for your BMW is wheel alignment. Proper wheel alignment ensures that your BMW’s wheels are perpendicular to the ground and parallel to each other, which optimizes handling, reduces tire wear, and ensures that your vehicle runs smoothly. So, how often should you align your BMW wheels?
Factors That Require Your BMW To Have More Frequent Alignment
The general recommendation is to align your BMW wheels once a year or every 10,000 miles, whichever comes first. However, several factors may require more frequent alignment, such as driving on rough roads or potholes, hitting a curb or a large object, or driving in extreme weather conditions.
- Rough Roads: Driving on rough roads can cause misalignment because of the constant vibration and bumping. Misalignment can also result from hitting potholes, curbs, or large objects on the road. Therefore, if you often drive on rough roads or hit obstacles, you should align your BMW wheels more frequently.
- Extreme Weather Conditions: Extreme weather conditions such as snow, ice, and heavy rain can also affect your BMW’s alignment. When driving on snowy and icy roads, your tires may lose traction and cause your wheels to slide out of alignment. Similarly, driving through deep water can cause your wheels to move out of alignment, leading to uneven tire wear and reduced fuel efficiency. Therefore, it is crucial to check your BMW’s alignment after driving in extreme weather conditions.
- Driving Habits: Another factor that can affect your BMW’s alignment is driving habits. Hard braking and accelerating, high-speed driving, and aggressive turning can cause misalignment. These driving habits put a lot of stress on your BMW’s suspension system, causing your wheels to move out of alignment. Therefore, if you have a habit of driving aggressively, you should align your BMW wheels more often.
- Replacing Parts: In addition to the above factors, it is essential to check your BMW’s alignment after replacing tires, suspension parts, or steering components. When replacing these parts, the suspension system may need to be adjusted, affecting your BMW’s alignment. Therefore, it is crucial to check your alignment to ensure your BMW runs smoothly and handles well.
Proper Alignment Saves You Money
Besides improving handling and reducing tire wear, proper wheel alignment also saves you money in the long run. Misalignment causes uneven tire wear, reducing your tire’s lifespan and costing you money. Additionally, misaligned wheels reduce fuel efficiency, causing you to spend more on gas. Proper alignment ensures that your BMW’s tires wear evenly, improving fuel efficiency, and saving you money.
Proper Wheel Alignment Ensures Your BMW Runs Smoothly
Furthermore, proper wheel alignment ensures your BMW runs smoothly, reducing driver fatigue and increasing comfort. Misaligned wheels cause your BMW to vibrate and pull to one side, making it difficult to control the vehicle. This can cause driver fatigue and reduce comfort, making driving your BMW a less enjoyable experience. Proper alignment ensures your BMW runs smoothly, reducing fatigue, and increasing comfort.
Aligning your BMW wheels is an essential maintenance task that ensures your BMW runs smoothly, handles well, and lasts longer. The general recommendation is to align your BMW wheels once a year or every 10,000 miles, whichever comes first. However, several factors may require more frequent alignment, such as driving on rough roads, hitting obstacles, driving in extreme weather conditions, aggressive driving, and replacing suspension or steering components. Proper alignment saves you money in the long run, improves fuel efficiency, and increases comfort. Therefore, it is crucial to align your BMW wheels regularly to maintain your vehicle’s value and ensure it operates at its best.
Book An Appointment With Bavarium Autoworks Today
Bavarium Autoworks in Mountain View, CA is the only shop you need for BMW wheel alignment services. Located conveniently nearby Cupertino, Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Clara, and Saratoga, Bavarium Autoworks offers its customers unbeatable service at competitive rates. Our expert technicians use advanced equipment to ensure that your wheels are perfectly calibrated after every visit. So choose Bavarium Autoworks and never worry about misaligned wheels again.
* BMW 520d Wheel image credit goes to: joephotographer.