An engine mount is a support that helps to secure the engine to the frame of the vehicle. In a Mercedes, the engine mounts are located at the front and rear of the engine, and they help to reduce vibration and noise.
The engine mounts also play an important role in absorbing shocks, which can help to protect the engine and other components from damage. As a result, it is important to ensure that engine mounts are in good condition and properly secured.
When engine mounts become worn or damaged, they can cause vibration and noise, as well as increased wear on engine components. In extreme cases, engine mounts can fail completely, which can lead to engine damage or even a fire. As a result, it is important to have engine mounts inspected regularly by a qualified technician.
Signs of Engine Mount Failure
Engine mounts keep the engine in place and prevent it from vibrating too much. Over time, engine mounts can wear out and break down. This can cause engine vibration and noise, as well as engine misalignment.
If you suspect that your engine mounts are failing, there are a few signs to look for.
- Engine vibration is the most common symptom of engine mount failure. This can be subtle at first and then build to catastrophic vibrations that can ruin parts of your engine if it is moving in the engine bay due to torque rotation. You know your Mercedes and how it normally behaves better than anyone; so if you suspect something is wrong, bring it to our specialists right away before more damage is done.
- You may also notice that your engine is making more noise than usual, or that it seems to be running rough. Your engine relies on every part doing its job properly, so when it is tilting, rattling, or shifting, fluids and sensors and valves won’t be able to perform properly. This can reduce your engine performance significantly.
- In some cases, engine mount failure can also cause engine misalignment, which can lead to further engine damage. This shift in its weight can warp metal or even cause it to seize and your Mercedes will be undrivable. This is an expensive problem to repair or rebuild.
Reasons for Engine Mount Failure
- If you notice that there are cracks at the base of an installed mounting bracket, then this could be due to age or stress which will lead them to wear out sooner than expected. Keep an eye on it or ask our Mercedes specialists to perform routine inspections to detect problems before they become major.
- Incorrect installation of engine mounts can lead to serious problems for your car, including excessive noise and vibration. If you notice any signs that indicate this is an issue on its own or when driving through rough terrain such as mountings rubbing against each other, we recommend bringing your Mercedes straight into our professional auto center, so we can install new fittings properly while ensuring lasting durability.
- Keeping your car in good shape is important to you, but it’s even more so if there are expensive parts that need replacing. Practicing proper driving techniques and avoiding over-revving the engine can extend how long your engine mounts and prevent torque from trying to flip the engine over.
You Can Trust Our Mercedes Specialists at Bavarium Autoworks
At Bavarium Autoworks, our ASE certified technicians offer complete maintenance programs for all models of:
Our mechanics complete the latest training every quarter to ensure the most up to date and accurate services possible for your vehicle. We know what your car needs to continue performing at the high level that you depend on.
Bavarium Autoworks will check, diagnose, and treat any issue swiftly and competently. We serve drivers in Mountain View, CA, and its surrounding communities. Our staff of automotive professionals have received extensive training and are certified Mercedes mechanics in servicing and repair. Our team at Bavarium Autoworks has continued to help drivers get the best from their vehicles. Using the latest factory-grade tools and equipment available, we handle everything your car may need! Expect the best when you visit Bavarium Autoworks, so give us a call today.